TalentLMS lets you map a custom domain to your training portal.
Your custom domain is activated immediately, but for the mapping to be effective, you have to add the right CNAME in your domain’s DNS records. How you add a CNAME to your DNS records depends on your hosting service.
Here’s a brief guide to setting up a CNAME with NameCheap:
|Note: For more, see this article.|
1. Sign in to your NameCheap account.
2. On the left-hand panel, click Domain List.
3. Locate the domain you want to map to TalentLMS and click Manage.
4. Go to the Advanced DNS tab.
5. In the Host Records section, click Add new record.
6. From the Type drop-down list, choose CNAME Record.
7. In the Host field, type:
- www, if you’re using a root domain (e.g., www.mydomain.com).
- Your subdomain name (e.g., elearning), if you’re using a subdomain of your root domain (e.g., elearning.mydomain.com).
8. In the Value field type your TalentLMS domain, (e.g., myportal.talentlms.com).
9. Click Save all changes to update your DNS records.
|Note: Your changes may take up to 48 hours to go live.|