TalentLMS lets you map a custom domain to your training portal.
Your custom domain is activated immediately, but for the mapping to be effective, you have to add the right CNAME in your domain’s DNS records. How you add a CNAME to your DNS records depends on your hosting service.
Here’s a brief guide to setting up a CNAME with GoDaddy:
- Sign in to your GoDaddy account and go to the My Products tab.
- Click the domain you want to update.
- Click Domain Settings.
- In the Additional Settings section, click Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, in the Records section, click Add.
- From the Type drop-down list, choose CNAME.
- In the Host field, type www if you’re using a root domain (i.e., www.mysite.com) or else, type the respective subdomain (i.e., elearning if you’re using elearning.mysite.com for your TalentLMS portal).
- In the Points to field, type your TalentLMS domain (e.g., myportal.talentlms.com).
- Leave the TTL setting as 1 hour.
- Click Save.
|Note: Your changes may take up to 48 hours to go live.|
You’re ready to map your GoDaddy domain to your TalentLMS portal.