TalentLMS lets you map a custom domain to your training portal.
Your custom domain is activated immediately, but for the mapping to be effective, you have to add the right CNAME in your domain’s DNS records. How you add a CNAME to your DNS records depends on your hosting service.
cPanel is an online web hosting control panel preferred by many popular hosting providers (e.g., HostGator, JustHost, WebhostingPad, etc.).
To set up a CNAME with cPanel, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your web hosting account.
2. On your cPanel dashboard, go to the Domains section.
3. Click Simple DNS Zone Editor.
4. Go to the Add a CNAME Record section, and type the Name of your domain in the respective field:
- If your custom domain is a root domain (e.g. www.mysite.com), type www The rest is added automatically by cPanel.
- If your custom domain is a subdomain of the root domain (e.g., elearning.mysite.com), type elearning The rest is added automatically by cPanel.
5. In the CNAME field, type myportal.talentlms.com.
6. Click Add CNAME Record.
|Note: Your changes may take up to 48 hours to go live.|