To let you create a new user, TalentLMS requires a valid email address. In the rare case that a user cannot submit an email address, here’s what you can do:
|Note: We strongly recommend that users sign up with their own email address. Otherwise, they won’t be able to do a lot of important things (e.g., recover their password, etc.).|
1. Create a Gmail account with a single email address.
2. Then, create an alias for your address to use instead of the user’s email (Gmail lets you create unlimited aliases from the Accounts and Import tab on the Settings page).
The trick is to form aliases by adding add a plus character (+) and a unique word or phrase to your main username. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use email@example.com to sign up your user. You can then change the number for each subsequent user that has to register without their email.
|Note: These addresses (aliases) work for TalentLMS, but any email sent to them goes right to the original account (firstname.lastname@example.org).|
3. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and add the new user (Home > Users > Add user).
4. Before saving the new user profile, check Exclude from emails to disable all notifications, since the user cannot receive them.
5. Click Add user to update your user base.
|Note: Another use for this trick is when you want to mass import users and don’t have all their email addresses.|
Now you can sign up new users even if you cannot use their personal email address.