TalentLMS lets you set a start date for courses so that users gain access to the learning material at the same time. In this article you’ll learn:
- How to add a Start date to a course
- How to combine the Start date with Time limit
- How to combine the Start date with Delay Availability
How to add a Start date to a course
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Courses.
2. Go to the page of the course you want to modify and click Time options (1).
3. Choose Duration (2) and click on the field to select a Start date and time (3). Learners will have access to the course from the date and time you choose. If you want access to the course to be limited for a specific amount of time, add an Expiration date and time as well.
3. Click Update course to save your changes.
|Note: Learners can view the Starting (1) and Expiration (2) date as events in their calendar.
How to combine the Start date with Time limit
Once you have set a Start date, you can also choose for the course to only be accessible for a specific number of days by setting a Time limit. In that case, the Time limit starts counting:
- From the Start date when the learners are enrolled in the course before the course starts.
For example, a course starts on 1, November and has a duration of 30 days. If learners are enrolled earlier than that, they’ll need to wait until November 1 to access the course, and the course will expire on November 30.
- From the Enrolment date when the learners have been enrolled after the course starts.
For example, the course starts November 1 and has a duration of 30 days. If learners are enrolled after that day, e.g. November 5, the time limit will start running from that moment on, and the course will expire on December 5.
How to combine the Start date with Delay Availability
If a course has a Start date and units with Delayed availability too, the Delay availability will always start counting from the Start Date of the course.
For example, if a course starts November 1 and you have activated Delay availability for 48 hours for the first unit, the learner will be able to open the course on November 1, but only access the content on November 3.