In TalentLMS, you can organize your users into groups and branches according to your needs.
To learn more about groups and branches and their differences see this article.
The system will also allow you to combine the two features by having groups within branches. Making a group a part of a branch allows Administrators within that branch to manage the group (adding courses and users to it), whereas they would not have that privilege otherwise.
Assigning groups to branches from main portal:
1. Log in as an Administrator and create your group (see this article)
2. Once the group is created, click the Info (1) tab. The Branch option is now available.
3. From the drop-down menu, select the branch (2) that this group will be assigned to.
4. Click the Update group (3) button to save your changes.
On the next page, you can see the total list of groups you have in the system. Also, you can identify which groups are assigned to your branches via the label with the branch name right next to each group.
|Note: If you need to unassign a group from a branch, click the Branch option followed by the select branch option from the drop-down menu. Click Update group to save your changes.
Branches and default groups:
If you have organized your training audience in different branches, TalentLMS saves you time and effort by letting you assign a set of courses to all of them at once within each branch automatically with the default group.
1. Log in as an Administrator and go to Home > Branches.
2. Select a branch or create a new one and scroll down to the Users section (2).
3. Click the Default group (3) drop-down menu and select the group that will work as a Default group for this branch.
4. Click Update branch to save your changes.
At this point, each user added to a branch will be enrolled in the courses of the respective default group of that branch.
|Note: A group can be set up as a default one for more than one branch.
|Note: The courses that belong to a group that’s linked to a branch have to be assigned to the branch first.
Creating groups within the branch:
Apart from assigning existing groups to your branches, you can also create a group from scratch within a branch directly.
1. Log in as a branch Administrator and go to Home> Groups and click Add group (1).
2. Type a Name (2) and a Description (3) for your group.
3.Create a Group key (4) if you want users to self register to a set of courses or add a Price (5) if you are selling courses in bundles.
4. Click Add group to save your changes.
5. After the new group has been added, you’re automatically taken to the Users tab on the group page. To add a user to your group, just click the respective add symbol (6) in the Options column.
|Note: If you have sent a group key to the users you want in the group, there’s no need to add them manually.
7. Go to the Courses tab to choose which courses the group members can access. To assign a course to your group, just click the respective add symbol (7) in the Options column.
8. Return to the Users tab to assign the selected courses to group members.
- To assign all courses to a specific user, click the respective add symbol (8) on the Synchronize users with courses column.
- To assign the courses to all group members at once, click Mass actions and choose Enroll users in group courses (9).
|Note: If you need to unassign group courses from all members with one click, you can return to Mass actions and choose Unenroll users from group courses (10).