TalentLMS lets you offer users the option to pay for their purchases off-site and use credits to get their courses from your portal.
|Note: Each credit unit is equal to a single unit of your preferred currency (i.e., Dollars, Euros, etc.)|
Here’s how to assign credits to users in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Account & Settings.
2. Go to the E-commerce (1) tab and click Credits (2).
3. Check Activate credits (3).
4. Type the number of credits (4) you want to have available, in the respective field.
5. Choose where you want to allocate these credits from the following options:
- All users: All active users receive the same number of credits (as specified earlier) to use for purchasing courses.
- Group: Choose a group from the drop-down list. Then, go to the group page and choose a group member to give these credits to or divide them among more than one members.
- Branch: Choose a branch from the drop-down list. Then, go to the branch page (or sign in to the sub-portal as branch admin) and choose a branch member to give these credits to or divide them among more than one members.
- Specific user: Choose the user that gets the specified credits to use for purchasing courses. Type the first three letters (at least) of your preferred user's identifiers (i.e., username, first name, last name, email) to retrieve them from your user base.
|Note: If you want to reset the number of credits allocated to a user or a group of users, click Add credits and, from the drop-down list, switch to Reset credits (5). Then, choose the user or group of users whose credits have to be reset (i.e., All users, Group, Branch, Specific user) (6).|
6. Click Save (7) to update your settings.
|Note: You can edit the credits of a specific user from their profile page. Just edit the number in the Credits (8) field and click Update user (9) to save your new settings.|
When a learner clicks to purchase a course from the catalog, they’re provided with two options:
- Pay with credits (1).
- Check out with the predefined payment method (i.e., PayPal or Stripe).
After Checkout (2) they’re automatically assigned their new course.
Learners can see how many credits they currently have on their profile page (3) (by pointing to their name on the top bar and choosing My info from the drop-down list).
|Note: Credits can be used to pay for single courses only, not subscriptions.|
You did it!
Now you’re ready to accept off-site payments for your courses.