If you plan to sell your courses through your portal, TalentLMS lets you use PayPal to process your users’ payments fast and securely.
To get your PayPal check-out up and running, follow these steps:
Step 1: Set PayPal as your default payment processor
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Account & Settings.
2. Go to the E-commerce tab (1) and, from the Select your e-commerce processor drop-down list, choose PayPal (2).
3. Type your PayPal email address (3) in the respective field, and click Save.
|Note: Make sure the email address you submit matches the primary address of your PayPal account.|
4. Go to Home > Courses and click a course.
5. On the course page, click Price and type a price (4) for your course.
6. Click Update course to save your changes.
From now on, when a user clicks to purchase that course, they’ll be redirected to PayPal to pay for it. All you have to do now is make sure that the purchased course is assigned to them automatically upon payment.
Step 2: Configure your PayPal seller preferences
1. Sign in to your PayPal account and, and follow the path: Account Settings / Notifications.
2. Locate the Instant payment notifications option and click Update.
3. Click Choose IPN settings (IPN stands for Instant Payment Notification).
4. Check Receive IPN messages and, in the Notification URL field, type https://app.talentlms.com/main/paypalipn
|Note: In most cases, PayPal validates user transactions instantly. Sometimes, the validation process may require additional time. The PayPal callback feature ensures that users are assigned to their purchased course, regardless of how long it takes to process and finalize their payment.|
Step 3: Set up a notification for your users
1. From your TalentLMS dashboard, go to Home > Events engine.
2. On the Notifications/Automations switch, click Notifications.
3. Click Add notification.
4. Create a notification based on the On user payment (5) trigger event, according to the guidelines in this article.
From now on, a notification is sent to the user, the administrators or the account owner when a payment is complete.
You did it!
Your users can now start paying for your courses through their PayPal accounts.