TalentLMS lets you use SCORM 1.2, xAPI, and cmi5 content to enhance your courses and make your training more engaging and efficient.
Let's have a quick look at the three standards:
- SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) is a set of technical standards for eLearning software products and the de facto industry standard for eLearning interoperability (i.e., SCORM tells programmers how their code can cooperate smoothly with other eLearning software).
SCORM governs how online learning content and Learning Management Systems communicate with each other (for more on SCORM, see this article).
- xAPI is an interoperability specification for learning content. It captures and stores data about a wide range of a learner's (or a group of learners') online and offline learning experiences from various sources and in a consistent format.
Different systems can then communicate with each other through the common xAPI vocabulary to share these data streams for various uses (for more on xAPI, see this article).
- CMI5 is a contemporary eLearning specification. cmi5 takes advantage of the xAPI as a communications protocol and data model while providing stricter definitions for components essential to system interoperability such as packaging, launching, credential handshake, consistent information model, etc. (for more on cmi5 , see this article).
How to add SCORM, xAPI, and cmi5 content to your courses:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as an Instructor and go to a course page.
2. Click Add and, from the drop-down list, choose SCORM | xAPI | cmi5 (1).
|Note: You can also drag and drop your zip file directly into the content area.|
3. Click Upload a SCORM, Tin Can or cmi5 ZIP file (2) and choose a file from your local drive.
4. From the Show as (3) drop-down list, choose whether you want your file to be Embedded or show up as a Pop-up dialog box.
5. When your file is uploaded, you see a Size (4) section, where you can set the Width and Height of your content in pixels.
6. Click Save and view to add the uploaded content to your course.