By default, the course score is the average of a learner's scores in all the course tests and assignments they’ve passed. However, TalentLMS lets you customize the way your users' score is calculated for each course.
Here's how you can pick your own score-calculating method in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor and go to the course you want to modify.
2. On the right-hand panel click Rules & Path (1).
3. In the Score calculated by section, click the available field. On the drop-down list, you can see your three options (2):
- Average over all tests and assignments: The default option.
- Only tests: The course score is the average of a user's scores in all their passed tests (i.e., Assignments not included).
- Specific tests and assignments: The course score is the average of a learner's scores in your specified tests and assignments (i.e., the ones they’ve passed).
5. Click the empty field and, from the drop-down list, choose one or more tests and assignments (3) you want to contribute to the final course score.
6. Click Save to update your course settings.
|Note: For adding the course score to your Notifications and Certifications, see this article.|
Now you can make your own rules for calculating the average score of each of your courses.