For businesses that have different departments and you need to organize and manage their training separately, TalentLMS lets you do that with a feature called Branches. Using Branches, you can segment your company's training or even create separate training environments for your customers.
Branches are built to operate as independent sub-portals, and they can be modified to have their own URL, theme, language, users & courses.
To create your first branch, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator. Go to Home > Branches > Add branch (1).
2. Type a Name and a Description for your new branch (2) in the respective fields. As you type the name, the branch URL is generated automatically. Users can access your branch directly from that URL.
|Note: Branch names must contain at least 3 characters. These characters must be lowercase letters and/or numbers (see this article).|
3. If you want to your branch to look visually different than your main portal, choose a Branch theme (3).
4. To customize the homepage, choose a layout from the Homepage drop-down list (4). For more on creating a custom homepage, see this article.
|Note: The Homepage option is visible only when editing an existing branch, not during the creation process.|
5. If the branch has a different logo from your parent company, upload a logo for your branch (5).
6. From the Branch language (6) drop-down list, choose the language of your branch. From the Branch time zone drop-down list, choose your preferred time zone, if different from your main portal.
7. Add an internal and external Announcement (7) for your branch members and visitors.
8. Select the Signup method for users that belong to your branch (8). If you want to restrict their access to this specific branch, check Disallow members of this branch to login from main domain URL (i.e., your branch members cannot log in to the portal through another branch or the main portal URL).
9. If you’re selling your courses, use the E-commerce section to select a branch-specific payment processor (9).
10. To activate monthly subscriptions and set a monthly fee for your customers, check Monthly access to all paid courses at the charge of and type the amount in the respective field (10).
11. Click Add Branch to create your new sub-portal.
On the new branch page, you can see :
- The Users (11) tab: Click the add symbol (14) to add users to your new branch.
- The Courses (12) tab: Click the add symbol to make courses are available to your new branch members .
- The Files(13) tab: Upload your files and make them accessible to branch members or keep them hidden by changing their Visibility status.
|Note: A branch can have its own administrator to view and manage users, courses, and reports. To do that, simply add a user with administrator permissions (i.e., assigned with an Admin-type or SuperAdmin user type) to this branch. For more on User Types and permissions, see this article.|
You did it!
Now you can create and customize as many separate training environments as you need.