To use courses created and published with Lectora Online in your training portal, TalentLMS lets you import them into your content as SCORM units.
Here’s how to use Lectora content in a few steps:
1. Sign in to Lectora Online and click a course to launch the Lectora Online editor.
2. Go to the Design tab and click Title Options.
3. Check AICC and SCORM for LMS Published Title and click OK.
Now, when published to SCORM, your title is converted into an Assignable Unit compliant SCO (Shareable Content Object).
|Note: To work properly, a Lectora SCO must contain a test or some modification to the SCO completion variable. Also, Lectora requires an Exit/Close command to pass control back to the Learning Management System (LMS) once a Shareable Content Object is complete. If these two criteria aren’t met, Lectora returns an error message when you attempt to publish.|
4. On the left-hand panel, click to select the last page (or the only page if it’s a single-page course).
5. Go to the Properties tab and click Action on the Add section.
6. Go to the Action tab and:
- From the Action and Target drop-down list, choose Modify variable (i.e., OnShowModVar).
- From the Target drop-down list, choose AICC_Lesson_Status.
- From the Type drop-down list, choose Set Equal To.
- In the Value field, type completed.
|Note: Make sure to type the Value in lowercase characters only.|
7. Add another action and, from the Action and Target drop-down list, choose Exit Title/Close Window (i.e., OnShowExitClose).
8. Go to the Home tab and, from the Publish drop-down list, choose SCORM. If no errors are returned, click Publish. On the SCORM dialog box, click OK.
9. Click Download to save your Lectora SCORM package (i.e., a zip file) in your local disk and then, click Done.
10. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as an Instructor and go to the page of the course you want to update with Lectora content.
11. Click Add and, from the drop-down list, choose SCORM | xAPI | CMI5.
12. Name your new unit, and click Upload a SCORM, Tin Can or CMI5 ZIP file to import your Lectora SCORM package into TalentLMS.
13. Click Save and view.