To make your Instructor-led Training (ILT) more engaging, TalentLMS lets you link sessions together to create a multi-day session that breaks an event into a sequence of lessons (e.g., two hours of teaching and an hour-long exam).
Here’s how to create multi-day ILT sessions in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor and go to the page of the course you want to update with a new multi-day ILT session.
2. Click Add and, from the drop-down list, click Instructor-Led Training (1).
3. Give your new unit a Name and create three new sessions as described in this article.
For our example, these sessions are named Day1, Day2, and Exams. When linked together, these sessions form one multi-day session (2).
4. Click Day2 on your ILT calendar and, on the pop-over dialog box, click Edit.
5. Click Multi session? and, from the Linked to drop-down list, choose Day1 (3).
6. In the Multi-session name field, type a name for your multi-day session (e.g., Multi Day Session).
7. Click Update session to save your settings.
8. Repeat Steps 4, 5, 6, and 7 for the Exams session.
9. Click the Calendar/List (4) switch, to view your sessions as a list. Sessions that are part of a multi-day session are nested together under the multi-session entry. They all share the same users, seat capacity, and assigned color.
|Note: If at least one of the linked sessions is a webinar that uses the TalentLMS natively integrated video conference tool, certain restrictions may apply (see this article).|
On the course view page, your learners can see the multi-day session as a group of sessions to which they can register at once (5).