The TalentLMS mobile apps let your learners access their content from everywhere, even offline. Each unit created in TalentLMS is labeled as mobile and/or offline compatible. This way, instructors can see at a glance which content and features work on mobile devices, which don’t, and easily optimize their courses.
When a unit is marked as not mobile compatible, it means a user cannot view it from the mobile app, but only from their browser.
To allow users to see units that aren’t mobile compatible, you can enable unit compatibility. This will open the unit in a web browser directly in the mobile app.
Here’s how to enable unit compatibility:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor and go to the page of the course you want to check.
2. Click the More symbol (1) and, from the drop-down list, choose Mobile APP compatibility (2).
In the dialog box, you can see all the course units in a column, and whether they are:
- Mobile APP compatible (3): so you can view units online directly through the app
- Offline compatible (4): it allows you to view the content through the app when users do not have an internet connection
- Render as web page (5): allows users to view units via a web browser in the mobile app
|Note: The Mobile APP compatibility feature provides an overview of the compatibility per unit type in your courses. Blended content (e.g. video unit with extra HTML content) will still show as Μobile APP compatible, although part of the content may not be accessible through the mobile app.|
Check (6) the units that you want to render (e.g SCORM files, HTML-based content, etc.) and the mobile app will open the unit as a web page inside the app. Without this option enabled, your users would have to leave the app and access the unit from a browser window instead.
|Note: If you enable the option to render as a web page, you will lose some mobile-specific features, such as offline viewing and part of the mobile-optimized user experience, depending on the content type. Units that are set to popup (SCORM, iFrame), are not able to have the compatibility mode enabled.|