TalentLMS lets you track the training progress within your organization at a glance using the Training matrix report. In a single page, you can see the training status of your learners across multiple courses.
In this article, you'll find out:
- How to view the Training matrix report
- How to export the Training matrix
How to view the Training matrix report
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Reports (1) and click Training matrix (2).
2. On the left, you can see Users (3) in alphabetical order, and on the top, a list of Courses (4).
You can also use the search field (5) to search for specific users, or filter (6) the report results. The available filters are:
- Active users
- Active courses
|Note: "Active users" and "Active courses" filters can be applied at the same time.You can filter by Status AND Group OR Branch.|
The cells in different colors show the current status of the users in each course:
- Light gray: the user is not enrolled in the course
- Light blue: the user has not started the course
- Orange: the user is currently taking the course
- Green: the user has completed the course
- Red: the user has not passed the course
Additionally, the icons in the cells indicate the progress of the user in the course.
- Checkmark: User has completed the course 100%
- X: User has failed the course
- Circle: The course is still in progress
|Note: The circle icon relates to the user’s progress in the course and fills in quarter increments based on the percentage of completion.
If you prefer to display the course progress as a percentage instead of the circle icon click on Options (1) and tick Course progress (2). You can also choose to show the Course score and Course code.
Click on the name of a user (1) to navigate to their User report quickly. To access the Course reports directly from the Training matrix, click on the name of the course (2) you wish to see results for.
|Note: You can choose the number of users and courses displayed on the page. Click the arrow next to the User list (3), or the arrow next to the Courses list (4) to adjust your view. The default view contains 10 rows for Users and 20 columns for Courses. The maximum number of total cells that can be shown on the page is 3200.|
To focus only on users with a specific status, click on the Tooltip (5) and choose the status option you would like to see results for. For example, if you wish to only see users who have not yet completed a course, click to view courses In Progress (6).
How to export the Training matrix
To download the report, click on Export in Excel (1).
|Note: For more than 5000 users and 200 courses, you’ll receive more than one Excel spreadsheet emailed in a zipped folder.|