With TalentLMS you can add video units to enrich your course content. In this article you will learn how to create a video unit by capturing video and related audio from your screen directly.
To create captured video from your screen:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as an Instructor and go to the page of the course you want to update.
2. Click Add and from the drop-down list, choose Video (1).
3. Click Use a video (2) and, then, Record screen (3).4. On the dialog box that pops up, choose what you want to share:
Entire Screen: to select the whole screen
Window: to select a specific application window
Browser Tab: to select a specific browser tab
|Note: In MacOS screen recording is only supported in Google Chrome.|
5. Select the item you want to share and click Share (4).
6. Click Record (5) to start recording your screen.
|Note: Audio is captured during the recording.|
7. During the recording you see the REC symbol (6). When you have the content you need, click Stop (7) to stop the recording.
|Note: The minimum allowed duration of your recording is 5 seconds, and the maximum is 1 hour. If your recording lasts less than 5 seconds or more than 1 hour, it cannot be submitted. Depending on the duration of the recording, it may take a while until the recording has been uploaded.|
8. Click Play (8) to preview your recording before submitting it. To save the recording in the course files click Submit (9).
9. Type a name for your unit and click Save and view to add it to the course content.