cmi5 is a contemporary eLearning specification. cmi5 takes advantage of the xAPI API as a communications protocol and data model while providing stricter definitions for components essential to system interoperability such as packaging, launching, credential handshake, consistent information model, etc. (for more on cmi5, see this article).
As with SCORM and xAPI API, importing cmi5 content into TalentLMS is a straightforward process. All you have to do is upload a cmi5 package (.zip) into a course, and you’re ready to go.
Here’s how to import cmi5 content:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor and go to the page of the course you want to modify.
2. Click Add and, from the drop-down list, choose SCORM | xAPI | cmi5 (1). Alternatively, drag and drop your cmi5 package into the course (2).
3. Click Upload a SCORM, Tin Can or cmi5 ZIP file to upload your file, give it a Name, and click Save and view.
To track your users' progress on any cmi5 content:
1. Sign in to your account as Administrator and go to Home > Reports.
2. Go to the Timeline (3) tab.
3. From the Event (4) drop-down list, choose an event from the xAPI section (i.e., [TC] activity, [TC] attempts, [TC] experience,etc.).
In the search results, you can see all the activity related to your xAPI and cmi5 content.
|Note: Make sure that Tin Can xAPI is enabled on your Account & Settings page.|