Through Discussions, TalentLMS helps you build a sense of community across your portal. To make your content more interactive and engaging, TalentLMS lets you bring discussions into courses as individual units.
Here’s how to create discussion units in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor.
2. On the right-hand panel, click Discussions.
3. Click New topic.
4. On the dialog box that pops up, add the details of your topic (i.e., title, message, attachments).
5. From the drop-down list at the bottom, choose Only specific users can see this topic (1) and pick a course. Now, only users associated with the selected course can view and participate in this discussion.
6. Click Post to save your topic.
7. Note down the URL of your new topic (2).
8. Return to Home and go to the page of the course you’ve picked earlier (see Step 5).
9. Click Add and, from the drop-down list, choose IFrame.
10. In the Web address (URL) field, paste the URL of your topic (see Step 7).
11. Click Embed (3).
|Note: If you access your portal through a secured connection, make sure the iframe URL is also secured (i.e., it has to be prefixed with https:// instead of http://).|
You did it!
Now you can use discussions to promote conversation and collaboration within a course.