|Note: The TalentLMS app is available for download at Google Play and the App Store.|
TalentLMS offers a free mobile app for delivering courses to learners, both on Android and iOS devices. However, the mobile app doesn’t support all types of content that can be created and delivered through TalentLMS.
Here’s exactly which content is supported in the TalentLMS app:
A. Content supported offline
In case the user’s device has no internet access, some content types are available offline.
Any progress made by the learner while using the app offline is synced automatically to their domain as soon as their device connects to the internet.
Content available for offline use are:
- Plain text
- HTML text
- H5P (through iFrame)
- All MS Office files (iOS only)
- Tests that contain the following question types only:
- Fill the gap
- Multiple choice
- Free text
- SCORM (HTML5-based only)
- SCORM content that doesn’t operate through a third-party server or contain content hosted on third-party servers (i.e., YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
|Note: SCORM files that were uploaded before January 5th, 2018, have to be uploaded again to work on the mobile app.|
B. Content supported ONLINE only
For access to the following content, the user will have to be connected to the internet.
- Units containing iFrames from external, third-party sources
|Note for Android users: MS Office files are supported online only (with partial PPT support) via the Google docs viewer|
C. Content not supported on the mobile app at this time
At the time of writing (February 2019) the following content and tests are not supported at all on the TalentLMS mobile app (iOS and Android).
This article will be updated as content types become available for offline or online use.
- Tin Can
- Certain kinds of blended content (e.g. YouTube video with extra HTML content)
- ILT units
- Assignment units
- Units containing an object or embedded elements (To check individual units for mobile compatibility, see this article)
- Tests that contain the following question settings:
- Contain randomized questions
- Require learner snapshot to start the test
- Require a password to start the test
- Apply a delay between attempts