TalentLMS lets you create your own custom reports to narrow report results to specific groups of users and focus your reporting on important stats and attributes.
|Note: Custom Reports are available with the Basic Unlimited subscription plan and all the Plus and Premium plans.|
To create your first custom report, follow these simple steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator, go to Home > Reports (1) and click Custom reports (2).
2. Click Add report. Type a distinct Name (3) for your report (i.e., make the name indicative of the results you want your report to return).
|Note: The next step is a critical one. Be careful to set the optimal rules for user selection. These are the rules by which the system selects the users whose activity is to be reported.|
3. Click Add rule(4).
- Belong to branch
- Do not belong to branch
- Belong to group
- Do not belong to group
- Have the course
- Do not have the course
- Have completed the course
- Have not completed the course
- Have completed a course within a period of time
- The course has expired
- Have a certification for course
- Have an expired certification for course
- Got a certification within a period of time
- Have logged in within a period of time
- Have not logged within a period of time
- Have signed up within a period of time
- Have the user type
- Have a specific value on a custom field
- Are active
- Are inactive
- Have at least X point
- Have reached level X or higher
To add another rule, just follow the same steps. To delete a rule, point to the rule and click the delete symbol (7).
|Note: You can set up to 5 rules for each report. The rules are combined by a logical AND operation (i.e., they all have to be true at the same time). The different values within a rule are combined by a logical OR operation (i.e., one of them has to be true at any moment).|
6. Next, choose an OutputType for your report. You have two options:
- Click Users (8) to view your selected users’ account-related and general activity data (i.e., User Type, Last login, Assigned courses, etc.). To specify what data you want your report to include, click the Columns (9) field and choose from the respective drop-down list.
- Click Learning progress (10) to view your selected users’ course-related data (i.e., Course, Status, Average score, etc.). To specify what data you want your report to include, click the Columns (11) field and choose from the respective drop-down list.
|Note: If you have added any custom fields to user profiles, those become automatically available in the Columns drop-down list.|
Here’s what your report looks like for the two output types, Users and Learning progress:
Now, you can:
- Click Export in Excel(12) to export your report to an Excel file.
- Click Schedule to schedule your custom report (12) like you can do with all reports.
- Click Mass actions(13) to perform an action to all the users included in the report with one click (i.e., send a message, add to a group, deactivate, etc.).
|Note: Mass Actions can be substantially time-saving for large TalentLMS installations.|
You did it!
Now you can create, export and schedule any type of custom report you need.