TalentLMS reports both the date a course is completed and the time taken to complete a course. More specifically, it captures the training time your learners spend on each unit.
Let’s see how this works exactly!
The Learner’s training time is captured from the moment they open the unit until the user clicks on the “Complete and continue” button (1).
- If a learner opens a unit, stays there for 5 minutes, and exits the unit without completing it, then 5 minutes is captured in reports. When the learner returns, they might spend another 5 minutes and then complete the unit. In that case, 10 minutes is captured in reports.
- If a learner opens a unit, stays there for 5 minutes, completes the unit, and then exits the course, then 5 minutes is captured in reports. If the learner opens the unit again, no additional time will be recorded, as the unit is already complete.
The training time the user spent for the unit will be reflected in the reports, as soon as the user completes the unit.
|Note: The training time is captured in the same way, regardless of whether the learner accessed the unit from a desktop or from a mobile phone.|
A few things to keep in mind:
- The network can affect the training time while the learner waits for the data to load.
If the learner leaves the tab open, the training time will continue to count until the learner exits the unit.
- On the mobile app the learner needs to exit the unit. If he just closes the screen the time will continue to count.
- The training time a learner spent in a course, is the total sum of the training time the learner spent on all units within that course.