When a learner opens an assignment unit, they see the assignment description (i.e., what they're expected to do), and five options for submitting an answer:
- Text reply
- Upload a file
- Record Video
- Record Audio
- Record Screen
Here's how learners can reply by submitting a screen recording:
1. Click Record screen (1).
2. On the dialog box that pops up, you can choose between:
- the Entire Screen: to select the whole screen
- a Window: to select a specific application window
- a Browser Tab: to select a specific browser tab
3. Select (2) the item you want to share and click Share (3).
|Note: In MacOS screen recording is only supported in Google Chrome.|
4. Click Record (4) to start recording your screen.
|Note: Audio is captured during the recording.|
5. During the recording you see the REC symbol (5). When you have the content you need, click Stop (6) to stop the recording.
|Note: The minimum allowed duration of your recording is 5 seconds, and the maximum is 1 hour. If your recording lasts less than 5 seconds or more than 1 hour, it cannot be submitted.|
6. To preview the recording before submitting it, click play (7).
7. Click Send your reply (8) to submit the recording.
|Note: Depending on the duration of the recording, it may take a while until the recording has been submitted.|