To interact with their instructors and engage with their courses, even more, TalentLMS lets your users submit their assignments as captured video or audio files.
Here's how learners can record their answers in a few steps:
When they access a course assignment unit, your learners see the assignment description (i.e., what they're expected to do), and their four options for submitting an answer:
- Text reply: Type the answer in the text area.
- Upload a file: Submit the answer as a file uploaded from the user's local disk.
- Record Video: Submit a captured video file that contains the answer.
- Record Audio: Submit a recorded audio file that contains the answer.
If a learner wants to answer with a recording, all they have to do is:
1. Click either Record Video or Record Audio.
|Note: If it's the first time a learner captures video or audio with TalentLMS, they may be asked to allow access to their camera and microphone through their browser (1).|
2. Click record to initiate the recording.
3. Click stop (3) to stop the recording.
4. Click play, to review the recording before submitting it.
|Note: The minimum allowed duration of a recorded answer is 5 seconds, and the maximum is 1 hour (2). If the learner's recording lasts less than 5 seconds or more than 1 hour, it cannot be submitted.|
5. Click Send your reply and continue (4) to submit the recording.
|Note: If the instructor doesn't accept the answer immediately, the learner can return to the assignment page and modify it. In that case, the administrator can still see the latest and up to six previous attempts from Home > Reports > Assignments.|
Now you can get more creative with your assignments and prompt learners to reply with a recorded audio or video file.