TalentLMS offers a native Shopify app to let you sell your best courses through your own online store.
Here’s how to set up shop in a few easy steps:
In the respective fields, type your TalentLMS domain (1) (i.e., [my-domain-name].talentlms.com) and your TalentLMS API key (2).
|Note: You can get your API key from your TalentLMS Home > Account & Settings page (check Enable API if unchecked).|
3. From the left-hand navigation panel, go to Products (3) and click Add product (4).
4. Create a Shopify product for one of your courses. Add a title, a description, an image, and a price. Then, click Save.
|Note: Your courses are digital goods and do not require shipping, so don’t forget to go to the Shipping section and uncheck This is a physical product (5).|
5. From the left-hand navigation panel, go to Apps (6).
6. Click TalentLMS and go to the Mappings (7) tab.
7. From the Products (8) drop-down list, choose a Shopify product.
8. From the Courses (9) drop-down list, choose a TalentLMS course to map to your product. Then, click Add mapping.
From now on, when a user buys a product-course through Shopify, they’re automatically enrolled in the respective course on TalentLMS.
If you plan to use Shopify exclusively for selling TalentLMS courses, we strongly recommend the following configuration:
1. From the left-hand navigation panel, go to Settings (1) and click Payment providers (2).
2. In the Payment authorization (3) section, check Automatically capture payment for orders (4) to automatically accept a customer’s credit card and label the order as paid.
3. Click Save (5) to update your settings.
4. Return to Settings (1) and click Checkout (2).
5. In the Order processing (3) section, below the “After an order has been paid” heading, check Automatically fulfill the order’s line items (4) to automatically process an order once it has been paid.
6. Click Save to update your settings.
|Note: The above settings are optional. When enabled and once learners click Buy, they have immediate access to their courses.|