Our developers have prepared a collection of TalentLMS API call samples for the Postman app, to help you get familiar with our API and generate code snippets in different programming languages.
You can click the bellow button to get started with Postman and our collection:
► Run in Postman
Alternatively, if you already have Postman installed, you can import our collection.
Here’s how to import and use the collection in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your Postman app and click Import (1).
2. Go to the Import From Link tab (2).
3. Paste the following URL in the respective field (3):
4. Click Import (4).
After importing the collection, you have to create the respective Environment (i.e., TalentLMS) and assign your account-specific values to the “domain” and “apikey” variables. That way, each time you generate a code snippet for an API call, your account data is automatically included in your code.
5. Click the settings symbol on the Environments bar (5).
6. On the Manage environments dialog box that pops up, click Add (6).
7. In the Environment Name field, type TalentLMS (7).
8. In the first Add a new key field, type domain (8). In the respective Value field, type your TalentLMS domain (i.e., [my-domain-name].talentlms.com) (9).
9. In the second Add a new key field, type apikey (10). In the respective Value field, paste the API key of your TalentLMS account (11).
|Note: >To get your API key, sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator, go to Home > Account & Settings > Basic settings and check Enable API in the Security section.|
10. Click Add (12).
11. On the Environments bar, click the No Environment field and, from the drop-down list, choose TalentLMS (13).
12. On the left-hand panel, go to the Collections tab (14).
13. Click TalentLMS API (15) and choose an API call (e.g., GET courses).
14. On the right-hand panel, click Code(16) to launch the Generate Code Snippets dialog box.
16. Click Copy to Clipboard, and you’re ready to add the snippet to your code (18).
|Note: For more on the TalentLMS API, see this article.|