Zapier is an online tool that automates tasks between hundreds of applications (i.e., Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, etc.) by connecting them through their APIs without any coding or developer intervention.
TalentLMS uses Zapier to let you integrate your system with a broad range of popular third-party services.
If, for example, you want to import users from your Zendesk or Highrise account into your TalentLMS portal, you can do it with a Zapier-enabled integration, fast and without writing a single line of code.
Before moving on to our step-by-step guide, you need to sign up for a free Zapier account. Currently, the TalentLMS-Zapier integration includes the following triggers and actions:
- New User: Triggers each time a new user is created within your TalentLMS domain.
- New Course: Triggers each time a new course is created within your TalentLMS domain.
- New Branch: Triggers each time a new branch is created within your TalentLMS domain.
- New Group: Triggers each time a new group is created within your TalentLMS domain.
- New Category: Triggers each time a new category is created within your TalentLMS domain.
- New Event: Triggers each time a new event is produced within your TalentLMS domain.
- Custom Fields: Triggers each time a new custom field is created within your TalentLMS domain.
- New User (user_signup): Creates a new TalentLMS user.
- New Course: Creates a new TalentLMS course.
- Add User to Course: Adds a TalentLMS user to a TalentLMS course.
- Add User to Branch: Adds a TalentLMS user to a TalentLMS branch.
- Add User to Group: Adds a TalentLMS user to a TalentLMS group.
- Find User: Searches for a TalentLMS user.
Example: Integrate TalentLMS with MailChimp
In the example that follows, you’ll learn how to register new TalentLMS users to a MailChimp mailing list automatically.
1. Sign in to your Zapier account. On your dashboard, click Make a Zap (1)!
2. Choose your triggering service (2) (i.e., TalentLMS) and a trigger (3) (e.g., New User).
3. Choose to Connect (4) your TalentLMS account with Zapier.
On the dialog box that pops up, type your TalentLMS Account name (1) (e.g., mycompany.talentlms.com) and your API key (2). Click Yes, continue (3).
|Note: To generate and copy your API key, sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator, go to Home > Account & Settings and check Enable API (see this article).|
4. Click Test (1) to check your TalentLMS-Zapier connection. If you get a Success! message, click Save + Continue (2).
5. Pick a sample to set up your Zap and click Continue (3).
6. Choose an action app (1) (e.g., MailChimp). Choose an action (2) (e.g., Add/Update Subscriber) and click Save + Continue (3).
7. Connect to your MailChimp account (1).
8. Click Test to check your TalentLMS-MailChimp connection. If you get a Success! (2) message, click Save + Continue (3).
9. Click the drop-down symbol next to the List (1) field, and choose one of your existing mailing lists (required).
10. Click the list symbol (2) next to the Subscriber email (3) field, and, from your user’s retrieved data, choose Email (required). Leave the optional fields as they are, and click Continue.
11. If the subscriber details are correct, click Skip test, and then click Finish.
12. Name your new Zap (1) and click the switch to turn it On (2). Click See it on your dashboard, and you’re done.
When it’s ON, your Zap checks your TalentLMS portal for new users every 5 minutes. If any, your Zap adds them to the designated MailChimp mailing list.
|Note: To do the reverse (i.e., pull users from a MailChimp mailing list to your TalentLMS portal), make a new Zap with MailChimp as the triggering service (i.e., trigger: New Subscriber) and TalentLMS as the action service (i.e., action: New User).|
You did it!
You’re ready to connect your TalentLMS account to any of the third-party services available on Zapier.