Slack is a cloud-based team collaboration tool and one of the many third-party services and applications you can connect to your TalentLMS domain through Zapier.
To showcase what you can do with a Zapier-enabled TalentLMS-Slack connection, let’s see how you can publish a message on a specific Slack channel every time a specific TalentLMS user completes one of their courses.
Example: Publish Slack message upon TalentLMS course completion
1. Sign in to your Zapier account and click Make a Zap!
2. In the search field, type TalentLMS. On the search results click TalentLMS.
|Note: The first time you use an app you have to find it through the search function. After connecting with Zapier, a shortcut to the app is added below the search field.|
3. From the Select TalentLMS Trigger list, choose New Event and click Save + Continue.
4. On the Select TalentLMS account page, click Connect an account.
5. On the Allow Zapier to access your TalentLMS Account? dialog box, type your Account name (i.e., your TalentLMS domain) and API key, and click Yes, continue.
6. Click Test to check your TalentLMS-Zapier connection and then, click Save + Continue to proceed.
7. On the Set up TalentLMS Event page, click the list or the drop-down symbol and choose the respective value from the retrieved TalentLMS info (in some cases, you may have to type the info yourself), in this case you would choose User completed course and click Continue.
8. Test the setup by picking a sample to test the Zap, then click continue
9. Click the link Your Zap currently lack an Action. Add one now!
10. On the Choose an Action App page, type Slack in the search field. On the search results, click Slack.
11. From the Select Slack Action list, choose Send Channel Message and click Save + Continue.
12. On the Select Slack account page, click Connect an account.
13. On the dialog box that pops up, type your Slack domain and sign in to your Slack account. To grant Zapier access to your Slack account, click Authorize.
14. Click Test to check your Slack-Zapier connection. If it’s good, click Save + Continue.
15. On the Set up Slack Channel Message page, click the list or the drop-down symbol on each field and choose the respective values from the retrieved Slack or TalentLMS info (in some cases, you may have to type the info yourself).
Add the required info (i.e., the Channel where your message is posted, and the Message text), and click Continue.
16. Click Send Test to Slack to see your new Zap at work.
17. Sign in to your Slack account and check if your message has been published. If yes, click Finish.
18. Give your Zap a name (e.g., Message Slack channel upon TalentLMS course completion) and click the ON/OFF switch to turn it ON.
Once activated, your Zap checks your TalentLMS user’s account for recently completed courses every 15 minutes. If any, your Zap immediately sends a message to your preferred Slack channel.