Zoom.us is a web conferencing service, providing cloud-based audio, video and screen-sharing solutions for Windows, iOS & Android systems. TalentLMS lets you integrate your portal with Zoom Meeting to make the most of its advanced video conferencing capabilities.
To do it, follow these steps:
Step 1: Select a default videoconferencing platform (as Administrator)
First, set Zoom.us as your preferred conference medium.
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator and go to Home > Account & Settings.
2. In the Conferences section, use the Type (1) drop-down list to choose Zoom.us (2).
After selecting Zoom.us from the dropdown, you will see an option for Maximum capacity (3). Here you can set a limit for the number of users permitted to join the webinar. If left as 0, the default capacity of Zoom.us will be applied (100).
Step 2: Connect your Zoom account to TalentLMS (as Instructor)
Instructors responsible for creating live training events must connect their Zoom account to TalentLMS.
1. Sign in to zoom.us and select Advanced > App Marketplace from the left-side menu, or go directly to marketplace.zoom.us and sign in with your Zoom credentials.
2. Select Build App from the Develop (1) dropdown on top of the page.
3. Select oAuth as your app type, give your app a name (2), and select User-managed app (3).
4. Turn off the Would you like to publish this app on Zoom App Marketplace? (4) option. Then click Create(5).
5. You will be redirected to the App Credentials tab of your Zoom app.
Here you can find the Client ID (6) and Client Secret (7) which you are going to need later in the process.
Fill in the Redirect URL for OAuth (8) field setting its value to https://mydomain.talentlms.com/conference/zoomauth (if you use a mapped domain – let's say mydomain.com – set the value to the equivalent, like https://mydomain.com/conference/zoomauth).
In the Whitelist URL (9) field, type in your domain's URL (https://mydomain.talentlms.com/ or https://mydomain.com/ if you use a mapped domain).
Then click Continue (10).
6. You now have reached the Information page of your app. Fill in the required info and click Continue (11).
7. You are now in the Feature tab of your app, click Continue again.
8. In the Scopes (12) tab click the Add Scopes (13) button.
Click Meeting (14) on the left, and select the View and manage your meetings (15) option. Click Done (16), then click Continue to Install your app.
9. Sign in to your TalentLMS portal and switch to the Instructor role. From the right-hand panel, go to Conferences. Click the drop-down option and select Connect with Zoom.us (17).
10. On the dialog box that pops up, type the Client ID and Client Secret (18) in the respective fields, and click Connect (19).
You will be now redirected to Zoom. You will need to login to your account to complete the connection and associate your TalentLMS account with your Zoom account. If you were already logged in to your Zoom account you will skip this step.
|Note: Each Instructor that wants to create an online session with Zoom has to connect his account with TalentLMS by creating first the app, to get the Client ID and Client Secret, exactly as described above.|
|Note: To comply with Zoom’s security initiative, we’ve added a password feature. When creating an instructor-led unit, this is optional and you can choose if your webinar will require a password for users to join. To set up a password for the webinar tick the Generate password box.|
When an instructor creates a conference they can enter the desired password (1) in the dedicated field or leave this empty to have no password for the conference.
Instructor-Led Training sessions
For instructor-led training sessions, you can choose whether you want to generate a random password (1) when the instructor creates the webinar or leave this option unchecked for no password.
If there is a password, learners can view (2) and use the password right before joining the session.
You did it!
You're now ready to create your first Zoom-enabled video conference.