To control the number of your active users and stay within the limits of your subscription plan, TalentLMS lets you schedule multiple user deactivation with a single action.
|Note: For deactivating a single user on a specific date, see this article.|
Here’s how to schedule user deactivation en masse in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator. Go to Home > Import - Export (1).
2. To schedule multiple user deactivation, choose one of the three available methods:
- In the Import description (2) text area, type the data attributes required for your mass action in the first line (i.e., Login, Firstname, Lastname, Email, Deactivation-date (3). Press Enter to change line and type the corresponding values for the first user whose deactivation you want to schedule (i.e., their username, first name, last name, and email address, and your preferred deactivation date). Press Enter to change line and do the same for the next user. For example:
[username 1];[first name 1];[last name 1];[email 1];[deactivation date 1]
[username 2];[first name 2];[last name 2];[email 2];[deactivation date 2]
|Note:Login must be your first column. The Deactivation-date value must be in the same format as configured for your portal (e.g., DD/MM/YYYY). To see the provided guidelines, click View cheatsheet.|
- If you have your user data in an Excel document, then copy and paste them in the Import description text area.
- Alternatively, upload an Excel or CSV file containing your user data in the Drop a csv or excel file here or browse area (either drag and drop it or click to upload from your local disk).
|Note: The column names in your Excel document should match the required attributes (i.e., Login, Firstname, Lastname, Email, and Deactivation-date). To do it correctly, first, take a look at our sample Excel document (click Sample excel file to download).|
3. Click Import (4) to complete the process.
|Note: You can also schedule multiple user deactivation by using an API call.|