You can evaluate your learners’ progress with tests. Here are the question types you can choose from:
- Multiple choice: A form of an objective assessment. Learners are asked to select only correct answers from a list of choices.
- Fill the gap: It consists of a phrase, sentence, or paragraph with a blank space where the learner provides the missing word(s).
- Ordering: A learner places the answers in the correct order.
- Drag-and-drop: Learners are asked to match together pairs of information.
- Free text: Learners insert their answer as text.
- Randomized: They consist of questions drawn randomly from a pool of handpicked items.
- Import: Import the questions you’ve already created outside the platform in GIFT or AIKEN format.
To add questions to your Test:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Instructor and enter a course.
2. On the course content list, add a new test unit or click on an existing one to edit it (1).
3. On the right-hand panel, under Add question (2), you can see all supported types. Click to create the type of question that interests you.
Let’s create one question from each type!
Click Multiple choice, type your question in the content area (1), add all the possible answers (2) and mark Correct (3) for the correct answers.
|Note: You can add feedback (4) to show up after learners submit their answers.|
Click Save (5) to finish.
Fill the gap
Add your text, use [brackets] (1) for the possible answers and click Save (2).
|Note: When you use | to offer multiple answers, the first one should be the correct one.|
Add your text and all possible answers in the correct order (1) and click Save (2). They will be mixed for the end user.
Add your description (1) and the possible matching pairs (2) in the correct order and click Save (3).
Compose your question (1) and add keywords that should or should not be included in the learner’s answer. Each keyword adds or removes points (2).
Fill in the number of accumulated points a learner must gain (3) for his answer to be considered correct and click Save (4).
|Note: All questions could be categorized and better organized using tags.|
After you’ve added your questions, click the “Add” button (1) next to each question you want to include.