TalentLMS offers an integration with BambooHR software.
This will let you add all your employees from BambooHR into your TalentLMS portal easily.
It will also enable you and other BambooHR Administrators to see their employees completed training in BambooHR.
To integrate TalentLMS with BambooHR:
Step 1: Connect your BambooHR account.
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Go to Account & Settings.
- On the Basic settings tab, scroll down to the BAMBOOHR INTEGRATION section.
- Check the Enable BambooHR integration option (1).
- In the box that appears, enter the domain of your BambooHR account (2) and click Save (3) at the bottom of the page.
|Note: For this connection to work, you need access via a secure connection. Please make sure you are accessing via https:// and not http://|
After clicking Save, a button labeled Connect (4) will appear under the domain input box. Click this and you will be redirected to BambooHR to enter your credentials. Once you’ve entered your credentials and clicked Log in, the connection is complete.
Step 2: Sync users and courses.
You’ll now have the option to click Sync (5) to add all BambooHR employees to TalentLMS as users, and all of the courses in your TalentLMS portal to the Training section in your BambooHR settings page.
You’ll receive an email verification showing the number of users added to TalentLMS and the number of categories and courses added to the Training page in BambooHR.
When BambooHR users are created in TalentLMS, a random password is assigned to each one. In order to inform them of the account creation:
- Make sure that the "User addition (from an admin)" notification is enabled. If not, create a notification on the "on user create" event, with "related user" as recipient, adding the "related user login" and "related user password" in the body.
- Enable the option enforce password change on first login for extra security.
|Note: If a default group is set up in TalentLMS, the users will be added to this group and enrolled in the group’s courses. If a course shares the same name as another one, only one of these will be pulled through to BambooHR. Please ensure you have unique course names to avoid courses not populating the Training page in BambooHR. If a user exists in TalentLMS already, their account will not be duplicated provided the email address in BambooHR matches the one in TalentLMS, the account will be matched. If the email of the user does not exist in the TalentLMS portal, a new user account will be created.|
Step 3: Access TalentLMS courses via BambooHR.
Once you have synced users, your BambooHR Employees will be created as users in TalentLMS, and your active courses will be added to the Training section in your BambooHR portal.
|Note: If the user limit is reached with the new users being added via BambooHR, the extra users will be added to TalentLMS, but on Inactive status. You can deactivate other user accounts in order to free up space.|
- Log in to your BambooHR account.
- Click the Settings button (6) and then select Training (7). Here you can see the courses and categories (8) that have been pulled from TalentLMS. This option is usually only available for BambooHR administrator roles.
Clicking on an individual course will give you its details, such as Title, Description, and Catalog, as well as the URL to the course in the Course catalog.
|Note: If the course is hidden from the catalog, the URL will lead to the course itself, so a login will be required to access the link, and the user will have to be enrolled in the course.|
You can also click on an individual employee’s account to see their completed courses, which will be synced with the data in TalentLMS.
Syncing new data
You may wish to sync the BambooHR integration to pull through new data, such as new courses or course completion data. Or, you might want to add new BambooHR users to TalentLMS.
To do this:
- Go to Home > Account & Settings.
- Scroll down to the BAMBOOHR INTEGRATION section.
- Click the Sync button.