When users are created by an admin, then they are assigned a password. Administrators can create a notification to allow these users to set their own passwords.
Here is how:
1. Sign in to your TalentLMS account as Administrator, go to Home > Events engine and click Add notification (1).
2. Type a Name (2) for your notification in the respective field.
3. From the Event drop-down list, choose “On user create” (3)
4. Select “Related user” in the Recipient (4).
5. In the notification Body text area (5) , do as follows:
On the first line, type a subject for your notification email and press Enter to change lines.
Then, type your notification and ensure that you have included the "create password url" smart tag (6).
Finally, add a footer with some basic notification info.
6. Click Create notification (7) to save your settings.
The create password url smart tag generates a link which is sent via email to the user. They need to open this email, click on the link and be redirected to the Create password screen.
The user can then type their preferred password and click on Create password (1).
Once their password is accepted, they will see the relevant confirmation message on screen and be redirected to the Login page.
The link is valid for 48 hours. If the user clicks on it after this period, they will be informed the link has expired. They can then enter their username or email address to request for another password creation link by clicking on Send (2).
This triggers the "Create password” system notification and a new email with the link will be sent to the user. To customize this notification please check this article.