To add a test:
1. Log in as Instructor and enter your course.
2. Click Add (1) and, from the dropdown list, select Test (2).
3. Give your test a name (3).
4. On the right panel choose Add question (4).
5. Select the type of your question, type the question tag and the possible answers and click Save.
6. Your question is added on the list. You can remove it anytime by clicking on the Added (5).
|Note: If your course has other tests created before, all questions will appear on the list in case you want to re-use them at your current test. Click Add to include an existing question to the Test.
To define question order, go to the right panel and click Set questions order (6).
|Note: If you select to shuffle the order of questions you won’t be able to use this option.
Click Set questions weight (7) to define how specific questions affect the overall grading of a test and add a different weight to each question.
Click Test options (8) to:
- add duration to your test
- define the passing score
- shuffle questions and possible answers
- allow repetitions, if not passed or always
- define the completion rules
- define the test behavior
- require a learner snapshot or a password
- add a description for your test and a message that will be shown when the test is passed or failed.
|Note: When the test is passed, the unit is considered completed and the learner can move to the next unit. When the test is failed we have two scenarios that can happen based on the course rules:
A. When the units of a course are completed in sequential order, the learner will not be able to continue to the next unit.
B. When the units of a course are completed in any order: the learner will be able to continue to the next units by clicking on the “Not passed. Let’s continue” button.Administrators can reset a learner’s progress in a Test unit, as described in this article.
|Note: If you have selected to always allow repetitions (9), the score of the last successful attempt is used as the final test score.
- Repeating a passed test does not modify course completion
- Gamification points are only awarded on the first successful attempt
- Notification/automation events that have course completion as a condition are not triggered on subsequent attempts, as course completion is not modified
7. Click Save and view (10) to preview the test.
|Note: If the course is set to be completed “when all units are completed”, and the learner fails the test, the course is marked as not passed only when the user has submitted all test attempts.