The TalentLMS+ Beta introduced a new type of unit called TalentCraft, which provides a few components you can use to enrich your course content. One of them is the Step-by-Step Process component, which allows you to create a sequence of steps.
Here’s how to create a Step-by-Step Process:
1. Log in to the TalentLMS+ Beta interface as an Administrator or Instructor and either create a new course or edit an existing one. Then, click to Add or Edit a TalentCraft unit. For new units, select the Start from scratch (1) option.
2. Hover over the toolbar, select Process (2), and a sample will appear.
3. Add an Introduction to give an overview of the process.
4. Add the steps to be followed in each Segment. Add more segments by hovering over the left or right arrows and clicking on the + (3) icon.
5. Add a Summary at the end.
|Note: Click on the eye (4) icon to disable the Introduction or Summary segments.|
To change the order of the segments, select any Step (5) and then drag and drop (6) to move them.
To further enhance the user’s experience, you can add images or videos to your segments by clicking Add media (7). Click the Trash Bin (8) icon to delete a segment.
|Note: Highlight your text and use the toolbar to edit its properties.|
To navigate through the process steps, use the arrows (9) to the left and right of the segment or click directly on the segment number (10) you want to visit. Use the checkmark icon to go to the Summary straight away.
While you’re on the Introduction step, click the Start button to move to the next section. When you’re on the Summary step, click the Start Again button to return to the start.
Click Update or Publish unit to save the changes for your TalentCraft unit.